Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?

2010-04-01 13:54:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?
From: Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
To: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:54:40 -0500

Wayne,

    I'm assuming you are using the DD as VTL, not using OST. If so, yes, using SSO you can share the VTL drives with the other media server. I believe you have to have the SSO license on all media servers that share the drives. It used to be sold on a per drive basis, not sure how they sell it anymore. -- See your sales rep for details. :)

      Bryan

"BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

04/01/2010 12:46 PM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] 2 media servers under the same master?

Our environment, NBU 6.5.4 Master and separate media server running on HP-UX 11-31 with a Data Domain VTL and MSL6060 tape library.  Can I add another media server and use the data domain vtl along with the other media server?  Do I have to use SSO to share the vtl or will the master take care of the sharing?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wayne BeDour

Unix System Administrator

PH: 248-447-1739

Internet: wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.

DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.