Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Does BMR Backup support for Exchange Files?

2010-03-24 08:08:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Does BMR Backup support for Exchange Files?
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Adrian Soetanto" <adrian.soetanto AT bentoel.co DOT id>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:57:05 -0000
Hi adrian
I use BMR to protect the System itself (ie: The Exchange Cluster).

However, I have a seperate policy that uses the Exchange Directive backups, in
the form of making use of the NetBackup Exchange Agent, which is a seperate
product.

Therefore, BMR will not protect the Exchange Database files, as they are in use.

But combining an Exchange Aware Backup Policy and a BMR Backup Policy, puts you
on the right track to protect and recover the system!

HTH
Simon