Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can NBU 6.5 database be imported into NBU 7 / Upgrade with fresh O/S & NBU install steps

2010-03-23 22:51:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can NBU 6.5 database be imported into NBU 7 / Upgrade with fresh O/S & NBU install steps
From: Glen Vassileff <Glen.Vassileff AT Sun DOT COM>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:50:58 +1100
Hi Experts

We are looking at options to upgrade existing NBU 6.5.3 environment with
Win 2003 Master to NBU 7.
The easiest would obviously be  straight upgrade. But we'd also like to
upgrade Win 2003 to 2008 (by doing fresh install) at the same time. NBU
6.5 is currently installed onto a separate drive.

If we are to re-install everything from scratch ...
1. Is it possible to import 6.5.3 database straight into NBU 7?
2. Do we need to restore registry entries?
3. Will installing NBU 7 binaries on top of 6.5 do the trick (as the
exisiting version is on a separate disk and will not be touched by Win
2008 upgrade) ? I wonder if NBU install program will realise this is
actually an upgrade (though registry entries are not present).

Regards

Glen