Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Resetting the archive bit on windows backups

2010-03-23 14:52:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Resetting the archive bit on windows backups
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:52:20 -0600
This occurred to me on the way to work.  Does the NB client for windows
reset all the archive bits on files after the backup's completion?
That's the only thing that makes sense as I see it.  If it reset the bit
after each file, then a last-minute failure of the backup would not let
the next incremental backup what failed the previous run.

-M

Mark Donaldson - Systems & Storage Administrator
Staples - Broomfield, CO
pager: 3034354766 AT cingularme DOT com
(o) 303-664-2040
(c) 303-435-4766