Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question using bpdbjobs to list restore activity.

2010-03-19 14:59:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question using bpdbjobs to list restore activity.
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:59:43 +0000
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 02:50:28PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
> Checking...
> 0.10user 0.01system 0:00.27elapsed 40%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 0maxresident)k
>
> However..
> MASTER SERVER QUEUED REQUEUED ACTIVE SUCCESS PARTSUCC FAILED INCOMP SUSP
> WAITING_RETRY  TOTAL
>
> There is not a way to differentiate on whether there are active restores :(

No, I wasn't trying to imply that this would be a solution for you.  But
it does suggest to me that internally, Netbackup has access to data from
bpdbjobs that it can process in less time than printing the full list.
So a filter could be practical without having to construct an additional
data set.

Simply being able to filter on ACTIVE might be sufficient for a huge
number of queries.

--
Darren