Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restore from a SDLT320 tape media using a SDLT600 drive

2010-03-14 23:14:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restore from a SDLT320 tape media using a SDLT600 drive
From: "Calvin Chen W. K." <calvincwk AT sains.com DOT my>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 11:14:21 +0800
I have a robotic library with mixture of SDLT320 tape drives and SDLT600 tape drives.   In my Netbackup 5.1 storage units configuration all the SDLT320 tape drives were configured as 1 storage unit and all the SDLT600 tape drives were configured as another storage unit.

If I want to restore a backup image from the SDLT320 tape media it will always select one of the drives of the SDLT320 storage unit for restoration however I will need to use the drive from SDLT600 storage unit for restoration because my SDLT320 storage unit is always busy.

Please enlighten the procedure to restore from a SDLT320 tape media using a SDLT600 drive.

thank you.

--

Regards,

Calvin Chen W. K.