Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore taking other storage unit.

2010-03-08 11:07:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restore taking other storage unit.
From: david AT stanaway DOT net
To: "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:06:10 -0600 (CST)
You might like to try this touchfile.

> /usr/openv/netbackup/db/config/USE_BACKUP_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE
>
> install-path\NetBackup\db\config\USE_BACKUP_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE
>
> when restore starts, bprd will read this touch  file if exists to
override the default behaviour.

We are having all kinds of issues with this behaviour - especially for
Synthetic backups to OST in a OST Duplication config.  The remote WAN
connected media server is selected as the reader in a media server load
balancing behavior along with every other media server with credentials
for the storage server holding the disk pool with the backup image.

I have yet to try this touch file which was given as a workaround. It will
supposedly use the media server listed as the creator of the copy in
bpimagelist.