Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Version 6.5 Transferring image files between Master Servers

2010-03-05 02:54:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Version 6.5 Transferring image files between Master Servers
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Calvin Chen W. K.'" <calvincwk AT sains.com DOT my>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 09:54:49 +0200

Hi,

Check this paper

eval.symantec.com\mktginfo\products\White_Papers\Data_Protection\nbu_wp_replicatingbucatalogs_103003.pdf

Basically you have to

a)      Move the tapes to the DR server’s library and do an inventory. If the DR server is in use for backups, you MUST have different barcodes and media IDs.

b)      Move the tapes to a new pool. The server thinks that the tapes are empty and may select them for backups. If you do not do it there is a potential DATA LOSS.

c)       Copy the images from the master server to the DR master server. I do not think that you have to close netbackup to do it. If you copy only the images you want to use, keep the directory structure.

d)      Use media host override from the DR master server’s host properties to change the restore server.

e)      As restore checks only the image database to do restores, you can restore your data. The images must expire automatically.

stefanos