Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Rel 7.0

2010-03-03 14:03:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Rel 7.0
From: Shawn Plummer <plummer AT geneseo DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 14:03:29 -0500
On Mar 3, 2010, at 9:45 AM, Jim Caldwell wrote:

I am contemplating installing NBU 7.0 any known issues or gotcha's? Solaris 10 is my Master/Media Server, clients, Solaris, Windows, Hyper-V and SQL. My current level is 6.5.4.

We have upgraded our productions servers to 7.0 here.

The upgrade was smooth and easy. We did our master server and media server in an afternoon. no harder than doing a 6.5.x patch really.

A few things we have noticed:

VMWare backups are hugely improved.

We have yet to successfully restore a Virtual Machine backup however. It restores the files to the VMware datastore, they all appear to be there, then it claims tar did not find all the files and deletes everything it just restored. There are a lot of moving parts with this and we are still working on resolving this one.

Using the new use VM Name selection method in our policies has resulted in vault duplications of images with spaces failing.

Otherwise all our normal UNIX and Windows backups seem to be running just fine. I can’t comment on SQL database agents, as we do not use any database agents here.