Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] mixing LTO2 and LTO4

2010-03-03 10:40:09
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] mixing LTO2 and LTO4
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: Grigore Petrisor <edy25ro AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:39:49 -0500
Hello,

I would not recommend to mix LTO2 and LTO4, better go completely with LTO4 or LTO3, you can configure LTO3 tape drives to read and write LTO2 tape media. When I was planing to mix LTO2 and LTO3 tape drives on SL500, I was told by STK engineers, I would need to have a converter in the tape drive canisters for LTO2 tape drives, and it would cost a lot more extra to compare LTO3 and LTO4 tape drives. Better to have a smaller unit like SL24 with LTO3/SAS tape drives and configure them in hcart2 on NetBackup, I don't think you can buy LTO2 tape drives anymore.

Boris