Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Query?

2010-02-24 16:43:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Query?
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 03:13:04 +0530
Hello All,

I was trying to merge two catalogs and in the process:

1) I copied the image of one client that gets backed up by master server bravo to another master server holder.
I check the catalog via backup archive winow and found the images,check if it is previwing the media and yes it was.: -But when i loaded the media in the holder library that was used by Bravo master server ,it showed me scratch.

???

Wht i guess is i need to merge the EMM database too:-I tried that too by copying the netbackupdb/data directory of bravo to holder but the netbackup didn't collect the EMM info perhaps the netbackup service didn't start.

Anybody have any kind of idea:---How to merge two catalogs.

I know it is possible but it is a paid service by symantec.
We here can try this by trying diff-diff things from our end.
And i am sure we will definately come to some good results.

Please let me know your views.

Thanks,

Pranav Batra.
Analyst:-Storage and Backup.