Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Any gotchas with 10 GB Ethernet?

2010-02-23 13:31:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Any gotchas with 10 GB Ethernet?
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 19:24:04 +0100
Actually it is the 5220 that does and the 5240 that does not.

The T5220 has the 10GbE circuitry on the CPU.  With the T5240 that was
displaced by the circuitry for the CPUs to talk to each other, and the 10GbE is
on another chip.  If you hunt round for the architecture white papers there are
block drawings.

We have a number of T5220s with the XAUI cards and optical 10GbE SFP+.  Goes
along briskly especially with Jumbo Frames.

William D L Brown