Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Steps to change Master Server Name

2010-02-22 15:48:03
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Steps to change Master Server Name
From: lookn4me <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:47:58 -0500
For the purposes of the test, I won't have the policies activated nor need
connection to the media servers/storage units on the production network.
So is the best option to run the bprecover command with the -dhost
NEW_HOST_NAME or destination_host, and -r ALL  option to change all database
entries from the old_master_svr  to the new_master_svr?
That seems to simple though.