Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past windows netbackup client 6.0

2010-02-21 02:42:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Can't upgrade past windows netbackup client 6.0
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:42:24 -0600
I just had a problem with this same error on a windows 2000 client. This
was on a new 6.5 install.

At the very end of the install, the installer connected to the windows
event logs through WMI I think but this failed due to WMI repository
being corrupted somehow. The install rolls back at this point.

The problem was with the WMI Registry which needed to be rebuilt. I can
send you instructions if you need. It was relatively painless but needed
a reboot of the client.