Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?

2010-02-17 20:18:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:18:28 -0500
This may be a permission problem. My fuzzy memory says that we have done this
in the past.
By default the netbackup services run under the local SYSTEM account which has
by default root access to the local file systems. But no special privs for
remote file systems. You might try to change the netbackup client service to
run under an userid that has rights over the share. Or restore to a local file
system and copy the restored data to S: