Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?

2010-02-17 18:50:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is there a trick to restoring to a mapped NT drive?
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:43:47 -0700
We want to do an alternate path & alternate client restore for an NT
data set.

The data was originally on Server1 on the D: drive.  I want to restore
it to Server2 on the S: drive.  S is a mapped drive, a CIFS share from a
Netapp filer.

The restore process can't find the S: drive.

I tried to restore D:\ to S:\ and that didn't work.

I tried to restore D:\ to \\filername\sharename and that didn't work
either.

Is there a trick to this?

-M