Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: error 21

2010-02-09 00:53:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Fwd: error 21
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: SACHIN ARORA <sachinar1 AT gmail DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:52:55 -0500

Sachin,

Interesting that the bpcd test fails, I assume sometimes and sometimes not.

Do you have a firewall between the master and client server?

Are there multiple paths between the master and client?

When netbackup fails the bpcd test can you make any other connections between the two servers (ftp, sftp, telnet etc)?

Are there any hung netbackup processes on the client?

Have you turned on the debug logs on the client and master? Verbose=5?

If so do you see anything interesting in the logs.

Are the errors on full backups only or incremental backups only or both.

len