Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup to "null" device?

2010-02-03 18:20:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup to "null" device?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 23:20:38 +0000
I'm planning some upgrades to a location with a media server.  Right now
it only has a slow tape drive.  I'd like to do a backup to this media
server and see how fast it could receive.

I don't have any disks there that could be used for a normal DSU.  Is
there a way to configure a DSU/STU to a "null" device?  I want to see
how fast clients and the network can get data to the media server
without the limitation of the current tape drive that's attached.

Thanks for any ideas,
--
Darren