Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Disabling uid mapping on restore

2010-02-01 12:29:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Disabling uid mapping on restore
From: Rich Bishop <rjb38 AT drexel DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 12:29:22 -0500
Hello,

We're running NB 6.5.4 on Solaris 10 (master server) and RHEL5 (media server). I
was wondering if there was a way to perform a unix restore without mapping users
to the UID # on the restored machine. eg - A file is backed up on machine A,
owned by user rjb, uid 500. On machine B user rjb has uid 501. If I perform a
restore to this machine, netbackup will change the uid of the file to 501. I'd
like to disable this mapping.

Thanks,

Rich