Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow backup for MSSQL DB server with man DBs?

2010-01-27 12:06:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Slow backup for MSSQL DB server with man DBs?
From: "Conner, Neil" <neil AT mbari DOT org>
To: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>, Veritas List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:06:02 -0800
You might want to consider using a product like SQL Backup (Red-Gate), or
LiteSpeed (Quest), that do compressed database dumps to disk, and then
backing up these compressed dumps as regular files. Your repository can be
on a remote server. Combining full, differential and incremental dumps, you
get terrific coverage with little additional load on the SQL servers.

-Neil