Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups

2010-01-23 16:28:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Files to exclude for hot catalog backups
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:28:06 -0500
> Directories to exclude from hot catalog backup policy (6.0 master)
>
> /usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<master>

Curious about why one would want to do that in a hot catalog backup.
Is that a recommendation in a manual that I've missed?  (Just
checked my 6.0 Admin I and II and didn't see it.)

Is it possible you have that as a legacy of a two-phase cold catalog
backup implementation?

Personally, I don't exclude _anything_ from the NBU-Catalog
policy--including being careful not to have a general exclude_list
on the master.