Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO tape label / sequence?

2010-01-14 16:11:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO tape label / sequence?
From: J.Keating AT tachi-s DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:11:50 -0500

Hello,

The question of "should we be paying particular attention of tape labels" question reared it's ugly head for me once again and I can't remember the answer.

Am I correct to believe that NBU won't import or confuse itself or the database if we should put a tape in the robot which has the same label as a tape that's has already been written too and cataloged?
And, should I be ordering labels with an existing sequence?

Regards,
John Keating
Information Technology
Tachi-S Engineering U.S.A. Inc.