Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server

2010-01-13 14:34:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup SAN Media Server
From: Wayne T Smith <WTSmith AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:34:16 -0500
I know this has been an NBU SAN whatever discussion, but ...

Wow ... backing up a TSM system with NBU.  I hope you do a lot of testing.  TSM does a lot of stuff in the background.  I'd make sure TSM is shutdown, not just the data volumes and your backup includes everything that is TSM, especially the database.

Cheers, Wayne