Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Policies for NOM, VBR, KMS

2010-01-06 05:10:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Policies for NOM, VBR, KMS
From: "William Brown" <william.d.brown AT gsk DOT com>
To: "Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 11:09:36 +0100
Well for NOM we just do what it says in the manual, to create the internally
scheduled exports from Sybase to flat files.  We then let the standard backup
pick those up.  The documented restore process is to restore those flat files
and go from there.  I did wonder about pre-backup scripting but it easier to
follow the NOM documents, and just set the backup 12 hours staggered from the
backup window - I think we set it to midday or a little after.

And actually, our NOM server is not backed up by NetBackup...but that's another
forum ;-)

I've not looked at VBR as planning to move to OpsCenter, but I'd guess it will
be the same.

William D L Brown