Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] MS-Windows Synthetic problem with MSCS

2009-12-17 21:40:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] MS-Windows Synthetic problem with MSCS
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 20:39:42 -0600
Okay,

so I have a problem with backing up MSCS clusters with ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES
backup selections.

The cluster nodes not holding the volume attempt to backup the volumes
and fail. This was easy enough to fix with policy specific client
exclusions, and these exclusions for the clustered volumes get skipped
correctly when backing up with Full, or Differential-Incremental
schedules, and images for those volumes don't get created.

The Synthetic Full schedule however errors out with the cluster volumes
with an exist status 671.

Is there something I am missing? The client exclusions are set up right
as they work for the other schedule types. Do the synthetics ignore the
exclusion lists since they are not touching the client system?

In Legato, the ALL backup selection skips volumes that are associated
with an MSCS cluster. Is there a policy specific way I can do the same
thing?