Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Q: Job retry attempts with multiplexed jobs

2009-12-16 10:28:10
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Q: Job retry attempts with multiplexed jobs
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <nate.kippen AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:26:58 -0600

From the man page for bpconfig:

The number of retries for a backup, during the configured time period (see -period). NetBackup tries to run a backup job for a given client/policy/schedule combination the specified number of times in the configured period. This option lets you to limit the number of backup attempts if repeated failures occur.

Note: This attribute does not apply to user-directed backups and archives.

So a manual backup will not retry, but you can config for jobs kicked off by a policy to retry as many times as you want – within the open window. Default is twice.