Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP to basic disk

2009-12-15 13:42:55
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP to basic disk
From: "Spearman, David" <spe08 AT co.henrico.va DOT us>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:40:25 -0500
It was my understanding (and it was also noted in a Veritas white paper) that
one could do an NDMP backup to basic disk starting with 6.5.2. We are running
6.5.3 and will probably jump to 6.5.5 soon. Unfortunately when I try nothing
happens. No error messages, no failures. Everything looks fine, the log says
the job is writing, unfortunately not a single byte is ever written. The job
just sits there forever until manually killed. Any thoughts?

David Spearman
County of henrico