Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Net Backup errors after Upgrade to Rel6.5

2009-12-04 14:58:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Net Backup errors after Upgrade to Rel6.5
From: Janardhana Babu Donga <jbdonga AT ucdavis DOT edu>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:57:52 -0800

The Netbackup has been upgraded from Rel 5.1 to Rel 6.5. The oracle RMAN backups use 3 channels. It started failing with the following errors after the upgrade. It was working perfectly OK with 3-channels on Netbackup Rel 5.1.

I found a temporary work around - Instead of three channels, if I use only one channel, it works.

Single channel takes a long time to complete as it is a large production database. We need multiple channels to work as in Rel 5.1.

Is there a permanent fix for this (other than going back to Rel 5.1)? Could someone help?

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

   Failed to process backup file <GLPROD_DAILY_bml024og_1_1>

ORA-19502: write error on file "GLPROD_DAILY_bml024og_1_1", blockno 1537 (blocksize=512)

ORA-27030: skgfwrt: sbtwrite2 returned error

ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:

   VxBSASendData: Failed with error:

--- Janardhana