Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vault duplication issue

2009-12-01 11:42:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vault duplication issue
From: "Michitsch, John" <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:42:49 -0500

Has anyone seen an issue with a vault profile where for every image to be duplicated a new tape is loaded?  We have multiple vault policies set up and they write all images in each batch to the same tape until the tape is full, then it loads a new tape.  We created a new profile the same way as the others.  This new profile appears to be changing tapes for each image in each batch job.  Has anyone seen this before?  It is a media server duping images off of a data domain appliance writing to an IBM 3494 library/3592 tape drive.

Thank you for any assistance.