Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Barcode label oddity.

2009-11-30 19:44:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Barcode label oddity.
From: Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley AT avagotech DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:44:23 -0700
Greetings,

I just zoned a LTO3 library into an old master server (5.1, I told you it was old).  It sees everything but when I do the barcode scan of the tapes it is not doing the same thing for each type of label.  I took a line in the vm.conf file and copied it from one of my other libraries and changed the robot number.  When I scan the new library, the tapes that have a label like LT3001L3 get a media ID of LT3001 while the tapes with labels of ARF301L3 end up with a media ID of F301L3.  I've stopped and restarted the media management database and I get the expected behavior from the LT tapes but not the AR tapes.  Here is a copy of the vm.conf file.

DEVICE_HOST = coda
SCRATCH_POOL = scratch
VERBOSE
MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS 21 8 1:2:3:4:5:6
MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS 20 8 1:2:3:4:5:6
MEDIA_ID_BARCODE_CHARS 30 8 1:2:3:4:5:6
KNOWN = coda
KNOWN = hesston

The server coda is the master.  Robots 20 and 21 both use the ARF labels when I use gen 2 tapes.

I haven't set up a new robot and pool in so long I'm guessing I've forgotten a file somewhere.  I just can't remember what else I need to change.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Cleverley