Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Error 48, 5 and 11 while restoring Veritas Netbackup 6

2009-11-22 10:10:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Error 48, 5 and 11 while restoring Veritas Netbackup 6
From: ericmagallanes <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 08:37:27 -0500
Dear Netbackup experts,

Need help please,
Here's the scenario:

Production setup,
1 Master Server - masters1
1 media server - mediaset2

2 clients - netdb1
             - netap1v
 We are trying to restore the tape drive in a standalone network 2 server
connected. We use 1 server as our master and media(masters1 and mediaset2), we
have added it to the hostsfile already, other server as our client (added
netdb1 and netap1v to hostfile already).

We were able to recover the catolog but when restoring files or whole sql
database we were getting hostname could not be found or system call failed and
failed to recover requested file.

What would be the cause of this?..Please help.. :-)