Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migration from Networker

2009-11-04 16:06:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migration from Networker
From: Ryan <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:26:44 -0500
Hello All,

I have a very broad question about possibly migrating from Networker to
Netbackup.  I'm sure there are people here that have done it and I"m not
looking for many specifics, but rather some general items in terms
 - how long it took from start to finish of when the project plan was released
to having no more backups running on Networker
- did you use swing equipment in terms of tape libraries, VTLS, and
deduplication appliances to make the switch
- what decisions were made about the legacy Networker system in terms of either
leaving one or two servers attached to tape for recoveries or if the media was
migrated to Netbackup using a third party?

We have had just brief discussions with Symantec but didn't know if anyone out
there has had experiences, caveats, gaps, etc. that they ran into that they
wanted to share.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan