Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process

2009-10-30 12:12:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to use the DataDomain system cleaning process
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:08:55 +0000
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 01:03:29AM -0400, nguytom wrote:
> I hear DataDomain has DataDomain system cleaning process, anyone knows
> about it please let me know (command line and how to run the cleaning
> process, also you can please share me DataDomain OS Admin Guide, I
> don't have access to DataDomain account because I like to learn on it
> before we implan datadomain in our system. Thanks.

You usually don't need to run it manually.  By default it runs once a
week.

DD filesystem isn't a normal general-purpose filesystem.  It's optimized
for things to be written once, then not touched for a while.  File
modifications and deletions aren't really done immediately, but instead
during the cleanup process.

--
Darren