Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Command to pull information

2009-10-28 16:52:39
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Command to pull information
From: Dean <dean.deano AT gmail DOT com>
To: hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com, Todd Jackxon <netbackup.info AT gmail DOT com>, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 07:49:28 +1100
These are handy commands, Kyle. But one thing to keep in mind is they won't count backups which where run within your month, but have since expired. Most of our daily backups only have one week retention, so running commands like this for a prior month will only show weekly/monthly backups.

NOM does a reasonable job of recording these kinds of stats, and quite a few people on this list seem to be big fans of Aptare Storage Console (which I have never laid eyes on).

Cheers
Dean