Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] General Backup Question: Offsite tape rotation

2009-10-26 11:32:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] General Backup Question: Offsite tape rotation
From: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>
To: <hkyeakley AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:27:21 -0500
Yes we send ALL backups off site.

If you lost the hard drives or the whole building you would only be able
to restore to your last full that is off site.
  (that is if your onsite physical vault withstands whatever destroyed
your building).

I send my full's and instrumental's off site the next morning.

My only fear is when I have tapes brought back onsite for restores...
then if I lose the building I would lose those days a well.