Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] ALT_RESTORE_COPY_NUMBER file

2009-10-25 09:38:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] ALT_RESTORE_COPY_NUMBER file
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 09:34:25 -0400
> Our last DR exercise, we tried using this file to switch
> quickly to our duplicate copies.  What we found out is that
> it works perfectly for Windows clients, but doesn't work
> for UNIX clients unless bprestore is used from the command
> line.  We were using 6.0 MP5 last year, this year we are
> using 6.5.3.1.  Our master server is on AIX 5.3.
>
> Does anybody know if this was addressed in newer
> versions or is there a way for UI initiated restores
> to catch this?

ALT_RESTORE_COPY_NUMBER in NetBackup 6.5.4 worked as advertised with
Solaris servers and both Windows and Unix clients, GUI or
command-line restores.  We noted that the restore Preview display in
the Windows GUI was incorrect (displaying the DSU where the primary
copy resided rather than the tapes where the A_R_C_N copy lived) but
the restore used the correct copy.