Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?

2009-10-14 14:41:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?
From: Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
To: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 11:38:11 -0700

Hi Rusty,
The communication test were  fine , both ping & the bpclntcmd were able to communicate.

Regards,
Suresh Natarajan
TFS Storage & Backup DNE
South Campus, Torrance,
Work   : (310) 468 9308
Cell     : (310) 503 0901
mail to: suresh_natarajan AT toyota DOT com

Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.

<Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

10/13/2009 02:41 PM

<Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?

I would not advise using an agent to backup to a different version Media server, especially one so far downrev as you have described.

Your problem sounds like you have something else going on in your environment. A 54 means it cannot reach the client at all and it seems strange that it worked and then stopped, then worked again when you rolled back. What were the results of your communication tests between the media and client before rolling back?

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS
▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693

Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪
http://availability.sungard.com/
Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

<Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

10/13/2009 04:03 PM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?

Hi,

Just want to know your if any one out there who are successfully running netbackup clients in 5.1 version (including the Oracle, SAp & SQL) agent backups.

in 653 master/media environemnt

Because we tried to upgrade our environment
one Master  server (solaris 9) &
Two  media server (solaris 9) to 653 & rest of the media server in 5.1 mixed mode including clients.

After the upgrade we ran the test backup of the Oracle /sql agent backup & filesystem backup was running fine.  suddently after an hour all the agent backup started to fail with error code 54, when we try to run many jobs. We tried to fix it but not successful,  so we rolled back to 5.1 now & all works fine.

Is this an know bug (or) is there a config/tuning that we are missing? Any help is appreciated.