Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?

2009-10-13 17:07:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Does netbackup the 5.1 client agent backup(oracle/sql) works with 6.53 master /media ?
From: Suresh_Natarajan AT toyota DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:03:32 -0700

Hi,

Just want to know your if any one out there who are successfully running netbackup clients in 5.1 version (including the Oracle, SAp & SQL) agent backups.
in 653 master/media environemnt

Because we tried to upgrade our environment
one Master  server (solaris 9) &
Two  media server (solaris 9) to 653 & rest of the media server in 5.1 mixed mode including clients.

After the upgrade we ran the test backup of the Oracle /sql agent backup & filesystem backup was running fine.  suddently after an hour all the agent backup started to fail with error code 54, when we try to run many jobs. We tried to fix it but not successful,  so we rolled back to 5.1 now & all works fine.

Is this an know bug (or) is there a config/tuning that we are missing? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Suresh Natarajan
TFS Storage & Backup DNE
South Campus, Torrance,
Work   : (310) 468 9308
Cell     : (310) 503 0901
mail to: suresh_natarajan AT toyota DOT com

Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.