Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpduplicate help

2009-10-05 21:30:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate help
From: dy018 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:26:49 -0400
Hi Guys,

Currently, i'm trying to use bpduplicate to duplicate my vaulted images from
VTL to Physical Tape.

When i ran the command for the 1st time, it manage to find the image that i
want to duplicate into TapeA (backupsize around 70GB).

The target volume pool is empty hence it will pick tapeA from scratch pool and
put in the target volume pool after the duplication is completed.

However, after running the command second time with another client name, it
uses tapeB instead. I was wondering since tapeA is the only tape in the volume
pool and its media status is still Active, why nbu choose to pick another tape
from my scratch pool?

Btw, the command line that i trigger has the same storagunit, volume, retention
period. The only difference is the client name.

Anybody knows how can i reuse the same tape using bpduplicate?