Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.4 Upgrade

2009-10-01 08:59:54
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5.4 Upgrade
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 08:10:59 -0400
> I wanted to find out from anyone that has upgraded from 6.5.3.1 to
> 6.5.4 if the upgrade increased stability on EMM or were there new
> bugs that are far worse than the EMM issues?

I'm upgrading the last of my media servers to 6.5.4 today.

The only issue I've come across with 6.5.4 is that if a restore requests a
tape that's not in any of my libraries, nbrb gets hung up and I have to
restart NetBackup. I have a case open with Symantec on this. It may be
peculiar to my Tru64 master server.

You'll probably want to review
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/324985.htm

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

My dad always used to say, "If you're falling off a cliff,
you may as well try to fly. You have nothing to lose."
                       - Captain John Sheridan, Babylon 5