Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media & LTO4 Tape Drives

2009-09-29 14:25:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] LTO4 Media & LTO4 Tape Drives
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Sotack, Tom" <tsotack AT hersheys DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:21:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Do you have tape library/or netbackup cleaning setup?
When you run tpclean -L do any of your drives say NEEDS CLEANING?

Have you sent the error_warn_info from SLCONSOLE to Sun to analyze?

How are they getting stuck?  Do they eject 1/2 way and then sit in the
drives?  What is your media unmount delay?

Do you only have LTO-4 drives in your SL3000?

I have worked with many Sun robots but not the SL3000, it could be an
SL3000 issue here, will let others comment as well.

Justin.