Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RES: Backup cost calculator

2009-09-29 14:08:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RES: Backup cost calculator
From: <rodrigo.moura AT light.com DOT br>
To: <brian AT gsysd DOT com>, <GStafford AT barclaycardus DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:05:16 -0300

Hi Brian,

Is there a similar free software? J

Atenciosamente,

Rodrigo Passos de Moura

Analista de Suporte

Service IT Solutions

55 21 22114471

55 51 33146000

RS-PR-SP-RJ-ARG

www.service.com.br

De: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] Em nome de Brian J Greenberg
Enviada em: terça-feira, 29 de setembro de 2009 12:41
Para: Stafford, Geoff
Cc: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Assunto: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup cost calculator

Hi Geoff,

I think I may have what you need.  I started a boutique company that deals specifically with managing data storage and reporting on it in unique ways.  Our Storage Forecaster service sounds exactly like what you're looking for.  It specifically does storage consumption modeling of your backup environment.  We can provide the most accurate simulations of how your backup environment will behave and consume storage resources over any period of time.  Additionally, we can show you how much money you'd have to spend on tapes, tape storage slots, and disk if you use a VTL or DSU, etc. as well as strategies to reduce costs.  It's the best forecasting tool I've ever used for being able to accurately budget storage costs in a backup environment, that's why I wrote it.  Here is the link to a case study.  Drop me an email if you'd like to learn more.  I'd love to help.

--

Brian J. Greenberg

General System Dynamics LLC