Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO-1 to LTO-4 upgrade questions

2009-09-29 08:40:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO-1 to LTO-4 upgrade questions
From: "BeDour, Wayne" <WBedour AT lear DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:37:37 -0400

Our environment HP-UX 11.31 a SureStore 20/700 library with 10 LTO-1 drives, NetBackup 6.5.2 Master / Media server and one Windows Media server using SSO.

We are looking into purchasing an HP ESL 712 ultrium tape library using LTO-4 drives and I have a few questions about this.

Has anyone had any experience with the ESL 712 library?

Can I use the LTO-4 drives to read our old LTO-1 tapes for restores?

If I can run with reading LTO-1 tapes, do I need to set up bar code rules to identify the LTO-4 tapes and LTO-1 tapes?

Would it be better to run with a mixture of LTO-1 and LTO-4 drives in the library?

Thanks in advance, any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Wayne BeDour

Unix System Administrator

PH: 313-593-9876

Internet:  wbedour AT lear DOT com

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.