Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Scalar i2000 FC question

2009-09-28 13:22:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Scalar i2000 FC question
From: tpcshadow <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 17:42:41 -0400
I've been given the task of taking a used fibre channel Scalar i2000 and
putting it into production. I have no documentation except for the users guide
I've downloaded from Quantum's web site.

Does each FC I/O blade operate as an independent FC switch? As a test I have a
host attached to the FC1 port on IO blade 3. The LUN masking wizard only allows
me to map tape drives attached to IO blade 3, but cannot map or see tape drives
on IO blade 4 or 5.  Is there a way to make LUN masking work across IO blades,
or are connections limited to the same IO blade?