Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO and NDMP Jobs

2009-09-23 16:02:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SSO and NDMP Jobs
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 19:58:57 +0000
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 03:33:33PM -0400, Will Tucker wrote:
> In my current NetBackup 6.5.3 Windows environment, I have 4 tapes drives
> that are directly connected to my NetApp filer which uses NDMP to run
> duplicate jobs.  I also have two other tape drives that are utilized for
> other backup jobs.  There are currently 2 media servers and 1 master
> server.  If I implement SSO, will my duplicate jobs see and utilize all
> six tape drives?

SSO doesn't do anything about connectivity, just usage.

So you need to hook them up to get the media server to "see" the
drives.  How are they connected.  Are you using a switch?  If so, zoning
them to the right place should be pretty easy.

Once the drive is seen by both the media server and the NDMP host, SSO
will allow it to be used by either one when necessary.

--
Darren