Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog restore failing after upgrade to 6.5.4

2009-09-22 13:04:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog restore failing after upgrade to 6.5.4
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 12:00:01 -0500

We upgraded to 6.5.4 about 4 months ago and have just started preparing for our first DR test at this version level (previous successful tests at 6.5.1).

We have a support call open with datalink because we have so far been unable to restore our catalog to our test master server.

The catalog restore (initiated with bprecover –wizard) restores all the client images (25GB or so) but pukes every time with the following error…

12:58:19.201 [13861] <16> bprecover: ERR - Failed to find last NBDB backup image record for client nbumaster01.sun.spartech.com with policy NBU_CATALOG_HOT (227)

12:58:19.221 [13861] <16> bprecover: Failed to recover catalog (227)

Has anyone out there seen anything similar since upgrading to 6.5.4 ?

As a point of reference our test master server is configured and patched exactly like our production box.

Our worry is that besides issues in testing, we may have exposed a huge hole in our production restore capabilities with regard to a master server loss.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Glazerman

Enterprise Storage Administrator

Spartech Corporation

Desk: 314-889-8282

Fax: 314-854-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com

http://www.spartech.com

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.