Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...

2009-09-21 22:55:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP NetApp vfiler & millions of files...
From: oersted <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:51:59 -0400
how many volumes do you have the millions of files spread across?

large files? small files?

how wide is the directory structure?

how many disks (raid groups) are volume(s) spread accross?

how many tape drives are available to the netapp?

are the files largely static?

we can get better throughput with some tricks, but there will be a limit which
will likely be unacceptable for the backup window

such is the Netapp