Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate on primary copy

2009-09-21 10:54:25
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpexpdate on primary copy
From: jo4 AT sanger.ac DOT uk
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:51:16 +0100 (BST)
Hi Justin,

My scenario is slightly different in that I am duplicating to disk storage
first before writing to lto4.  We tell bpduplicate to set the new copy to
primary.  The problem I had was that copy one (source) went to copy 2
(disk) which went to copy 3 (lto4 tape).  Copy 2 was expired by the DSSU
and rather than copy 3 become primary copy 1 was set again.  I wanted to
check that if I expire the copy 1 tape, that copy 3 will become primary.

>From what you have said it seems like this is the case.  I will have to
try and see what happens and see if any one else has any updates.

Regards

James