Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Duplicate master server hosed - advice ?

2009-09-18 12:20:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Duplicate master server hosed - advice ?
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:15:57 -0500

We have a duplicate NBU master server at a third part site that we use for DR.  We’re recently upgraded to 6.5.4 in production and wanted to upgrade the DR master server before an upcoming test.  We made the mistake of deleting all the images from master server prior to starting the upgrade and this has basically hosed the EMM database to the point where neither the upgrade to 6.5.4 or the uninstall scripts for 6.5.1 keep failing.

We thought we would be able to restore a catalog and it’s associated images to get a working EMM database but because the catalogs have been backed up with NBU 6.5.4 and the master server we’re trying to import them to is at 6.5.1 this isn’t working either.

What are the risks associated with deleting the /usr/openv/netbackup directory so we can do a fresh install of NBU 6.5 and then patch it to 6.5.4 ?  What other directories or files would I need to remove from this duplicate server before trying to install from scratch ?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Glazerman

Enterprise Storage Administrator

Spartech Corporation

Desk: 314-889-8282

Fax: 314-854-8282

Cell: 618-520-3401

mark.glazerman AT spartech DOT com

http://www.spartech.com

P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, are intended solely for the use of the addressee, and may be legally privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately, and do not copy or forward it.