Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone reliably using a STK L1400 Tape Silo with 9940B tape

2009-09-17 15:13:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone reliably using a STK L1400 Tape Silo with 9940B tape
From: JBrownell <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:09:59 -0400
Just coming back from our DR where we end up using a different tape silo than
we have at home. At home we have a STK SL8500 silo and at DR we use a STK
L1400.  According to the DR provider this used to be 2 L700's and they were
combined together to make the L1400.  Ever since they moved us to this L1400 we
have had many issues with the library dropping the drives, dropping
communications back to our master server and randomly not restoing all of the
selected data during NetBackup restore jobs.  This test we had everything up
and running quickly at the start, ran for about 20 hours then lost everything
and it took us and NetBackup support about 20 hours to get NetBackup to
reconnect to the silo again.

Any insight or similar experiences would be appreciated .  Thanks.